Facilities & Bike Hire
On site facilities
- Pump Track – Adjacent to the cafe is a pump track to warm up on and practice your skills. Alternatively sit back with a coffee and watch the kids having fun!
- Skills Area - To the right of the cafe in the woods is a skills area for everyone of all levels to try with both red and black features.
- Car Park – Ample parking space is available at the cafe and trailhead. Parking charges apply, parking permits available from the cafe.
- Toilets – Open 24hrs for your convenience, include disabled facility and baby changing unit.
- Bike Wash – A hose is available to clean your bike (no charge). We would encourage you to always wash your bike to limit the spread of forest diseases between woodlands. N.B. Not always available in winter.
Jan - March – Weather dependant - see social media for details
April – June – closed Mon/Tues during term time
July – August - 7 days/week
Sept – Oct 11th - closed Mon/Tues during term time
Oct 12th – 31st - 7 days/week
Nov – Dec - Weather dependant - see social media for details
Bikes can be hired for the following sessions -
Full day (10am-4pm)
Morning (10am - 1pm)
Afternoon (1.15pm - 4.15pm)
Under 16’s half day £15, full day £20
Adult half day £20, full day £30
Full suspension E-bikes £65 for the full day. We offer a discounted rate for un-booked afternoon e-bike hire (just turn up and see what we have available)
We have a fleet of bikes available for hire:
Booking ahead is preferable to ensure availability - we will need the height of each rider to ensure we match them with the correct size bike.
Book your hire by calling or texting 07963 217793
If bike hire at the Cafe is fully booked the nearest bike hire shops from Tomintoul are -
Ride Cairngorm - Boat of Garten
Aviemore Bikes - Aviemore
Bothy Bikes - Aviemore
Bike Revolution with Outfit Moray - Lossiemouth
Huntly Green Travel Hub - Huntly
Cycle Highlands - Ballater
Bike Station - Ballater
Braemar Mountain Sports - Braemar