What you need to know about booking your group in for a visit to Glenlivet Estate
Schools and groups wishing to book a visit with the ranger service should contact the Estate Office by phone or email with a prefered date. On confirmation of a date for your visit, a booking form must be completed and returned as soon as possible.
Costs for use of ranger service
- Half day; £2.00 per pupil, minimum charge of £30.00
- Full day; £3.00 per pupil, minimum charge of £50.00
Additional charges apply for visits to the Cairngorm reindeer herd and other farm businesses.
No charge is made for groups organising their own activities which do not involve ranger staff.
- The meeting point with Ranger staff is the Glenlivet Estate Office and Information Centre at the south end of Tomintoul
- Depending on arrangements activities may take place at a different location, so please ensure that transport continues to be available throughout the day
- Outdoor clothing and stout footwear is recommended, as paths can sometimes be wet and muddy
- Groups are advised to bring their own packed lunches (there are restaurants and shops in Tomintoul if required)
- Toilets (including disabled facility) are provided at the Estate Office in Tomintoul
- Teachers are asked to read the health & safety information provided on booking and ensure that all necessary precautions are taken. Please also ensure that all pupils, staff and adult helpers area aware of their responsibilities in respect of health and safety
- Teachers are asked to ensure that pupils area aware of the Scottish Outdoor Access Code prior to a visit
Other ways to contact us
The Crown Estate
Glenlivet Estate Office
General queries / feedback email
We always aim to reply to emails within 4 working days. If your email is urgent, please call us on the number above.
Location and map
Set in the stunning eastern Highlands of Scotland, there’s so much waiting to be discovered.
Travelling to Glenlivet by car, train, bus or bike? Your journey exploring the great outdoors starts here.