Plan a Visit
Outdoor learning is enjoyable, creative, challenging and adventurous – helping children to get closer to nature and grow as individuals.
Our ranger service team are experienced in using outdoor learning to deliver a curriculum based learning activities across a range of levels, enabling secondary school students to make the most of the facilities and opportunities we have to offer.
Our most popular secondary school activities
- Exploring Forestry - Learn more about the forestry process - from tree to timber
- Farming visits - Visits can be arranged to either a traditional sheep and cattle farm, or the rare breeds farm - home to the Cairngorm reindeer herd
- Ecology field work - Learn how to carry out a range of different survey methods
- The secrets of Estate Management - Explore how a traditional estate balances conservation, tourism and recreation with farming, forestry and game management
- Go back in time - Historical and archaeological site visits
- Conservation work - Take on a range of practical conservation work opportunities
We are happy to work with teachers to develop specific programmes to suit your particular needs. Please contact us to discuss a visit.