The Blue Trail (9km)
Sweeping, flowing trail
The blue route is perfect for novice to intermediate mountain bikers (although the experienced bikers love it too!), it's a fun packed friendly route. There are climbs but you'll be rewarded with great downhill sections of sweet, flowing trail, with some exciting features, but not too technical.
After a twisting short ascent catch your breath and enjoy the Gauger's Lookout viewpoint before enjoying your reward of your first sweeping, downhill, single track descent. Get ready for the ups and downs of Ankers Alley! There is a bit of climb after this but take it steady and enjoy the forest and the twisty single track ascents. It's worth the effort as it's now downhill, with an exhilarating finish through the Copper Worm, and the twists & turns and ups & downs of the Barrel Run will leave you smiling and wanting more.
What to expect on the Glenlivet Blue
- 7.7km of singletrack trail - all with a predominately smooth surface
- 1.3km of forest road - can be rougher with small loose stones and is used for uphill sections
- Bumps - knee high bumps in the trail to roll over
- Rollers - as bumps, but bigger
- Berms - cambered corners, we've made these easy on the blue
- Reverse cambering - trail floor angles one way than another
- Lots of twists and turns in and out of the trees
How long does it take?
As a rough guide; the fit experienced mountain bikers have been completing the circuit in around 20mins, an average rider usually takes around 45mins, families with children 1.5 hours to all day...
View the trail guide & map here
For your safety
- Always wear the right safety clothing - at least a helmet and gloves
- Carry the right equipment and know how to use it
- Only cycle within your abilities
- Only tackle jumps and other features if you are sure you can do them - have a look first
- Train properly, especially for difficult and technical routes
- Expect the unexpected - watch out for other visitors
- Follow warning signs and advice given
- This is a working forest - look out for vehicles and timber lorries
USER ADVICE: The Crown Estate encourages the reasonable and responsible use of the facilities provided and would like to remind trails users of the need to consider their skills and abilities before selecting a suitable course to ride. When you ride here please be aware you take responsibility for yourself and behave responsibly towards other users.
Standard Trail Grading Information
Blue - Moderate
Suitable for intermediate cyclist/mountain bikers with basic off-road riding skills. Mountain bikes or hybrids.
Trail & surface is relatively flat but may be loose, uneven or muddy at times, may include small obstacles of roots and rocks. Likely to include specially constructed single track.
Gradients & Technical Trail Features include mostly moderate gradients but may include short steep sections. Includes some small TTF's.
A good standard of fitness can help.
BikeGlenlivet was constructed by The Crown Estate with support from European Regional Development Fund, the Cairngorms National Park and Moray Council.
Shades or sou'wester?
- Wednesday 17 °C
- Thursday 15 °C
- Friday 18 °C
- Saturday 18 °C
- Sunday 17 °C
Accommodation and food
Discover award winning restaurants, historic distilleries and welcoming country inns.
Glenlivet Estate Office